Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Columbia, SC
We put our trust in medical providers to provide quality treatment. Unfortunately, though, they make mistakes. In fact, medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in this country, behind only heart disease and cancer.
Preventable medical errors kill hundreds of thousands of Americans every year.
If you have lost a loved one or been injured due to mistakes made by a hospital, doctor, nurse or other medical care provider, you need an attorney to protect your rights. You need medical malpractice lawyer Lori Murray, located in Columbia, SC.
Confusion and Delay
Despite statistics that show medical malpractice to be a massive problem, many victims never realize what happened. Hospitals and doctors have become quite skilled at misdirection:
- Family members get medical jargon or outright denial when they question what went wrong.
- Victims and their families are often left confused and frustrated.
If that confusion stops them from contacting an attorney long enough, the hospital can escape liability for the damage done.
If you suspect that a medical mistake has caused you injury or claimed the life of a loved one, you do have a way forward.
Let a Skilled Lawyer Help You
To get the compensation you need and deserve after a medical error caused your injuries, you need a medical malpractice lawyer to represent you.
Medical malpractice attorney Lori Murray has more than 15 years of experience helping South Carolina clients. Included in that experience is the time she spent handling insurance defense cases:
- She knows what medical liability carriers will do to try to defeat your claim.
- She understands what defense lawyers have to prove.
- She can get you the answers you need.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
There are many ways a medical professional can injure a patient — every patient in a hospital is vulnerable.
We entrust ourselves to hospitals to get the care we need to get better. Failing that, we at least have the right to expect that we won’t be made worse by medical errors.
Our firm helps clients who have suffered any type of medical malpractice, including:
- Failure to diagnose cancer or other serious condition
- Hospital acquired infections
- Surgical errors
- Emergency room errors
- Incorrect medication and pharmaceutical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Obstetric and child birth errors
- Foreign object retention (sponges, cloth, medical instruments, etc.)
- Negligence in nursing performance
- Failure to prevent falls in hospitals
- Nursing home negligence
Expert Testimony and Evidence in Medical Malpractice Cases
Not every bad outcome is the result of actionable medical malpractice.
To win a claim for medical malpractice, we must be able to demonstrate that you or your loved one was injured because the hospital or medical provider did not live up to the applicable standard of care.
Establishing what the doctor, nurse, EMT or hospital should have done generally requires the use of expert testimony. We work with nurses, doctors and other professionals to:
- Present a clear picture of the medical care that was called for under the circumstances
- Show how the care given failed you and led to injury
Our experience and network of dedicated professionals allows us to present a compelling case for the compensation you deserve.
Contact Lori Murray to Discuss Your Medical Errors Claim
When you need the assistance of an experienced medical malpractice attorney in Columbia, SC, or anywhere else in the surrounding area, turn to us. We will provide you with an honest assessment of your case and help you create plan to move forward.
To request your free initial consultation, call us at 803-779-4472 or fill out our online form.